Experience The Best of South Africa, Egypt and Morocco
All in 24 days
Start in South Africa
Includes Victoria Falls
Airfare is included between Casablanca, Cairo & Johannesburg. Tour starts weekly, year round. Explore the three gems of Africa–Morocco, South Africa and Egypt–on this tour to Casablanca, Marrakech. The best of Egypt, a good look at Cairo and a 5-day cruise along the Nile, then on to South Africa. Then embark on thrilling game drives near Botswana’s remote Limpopo River to South Africa’s most cosmopolitan city on Table Bay, Cape Town, let us introduce you to the land… South of the Limpopo.
This is truly an experience for those who have been dreaming to see and enjoy the ultimate African tour from Cairo all the way to Cape Town. This combination of cosmopolitan Cape Town, Victoria Falls, and the Safaris… Southern Africa’s finest travel experiences.
Day 1: Johannesburg, South Africa – Weekly – Year Round – Saturday
Arrive Johannesburg in AM. You’re transferred to Mount Grace Hotel, one of the finest country hotels in South Africa. Set in hills surrounding Rietpoort Valley, it is home to abundant bird life, cascading waterfall, stone-age relics, and a 400-year-old olive tree. Guests are welcomed with tasteful furnishings and impeccable service. Mount Grace (D)
Days 2 through 4: Mashatu, Botswana – Sunday to Tuesday
This morning you will board the safari flight to Mashatu Game Reserve. At the confluence of Limpopo and Shashe Rivers is Tuli Enclave, a diverse region ranging from savannas to forests to open plains. In open four-wheel-drive land cruisers, experienced Tswana rangers and trackers provide guests with unequaled close-up game viewing and photographic opportunities. Night game drives dinners overlooking lighted watering hole offer unique views of bush life. Mashatu Main Camp (BLD)
Day 5: Cape Town – Wednesday
Board morning safari flight to Johannesburg and connect with onward flight to Cape Town. On arrival, you are transferred to the Radisson Granger Bay Hotel – home for the next three nights. The hotel is located next to Victoria and Alfred Waterfront. Radisson Granger Bay Hotel (B)
Day 6: Cape Point / Peninsula Tour – Thursday
Travel coastal road that hugs the cold Atlantic Ocean to Hout Bay, a former fishing community that is a popular residential area, but still retains its charm of days past. Continue south to Cape Point in the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve, where the Atlantic and the Indian oceans meet. Return along the Indian Ocean coast road. Visit a colony of penguins at Boulders Beach. Drive through Simonstown naval base to Kalk Bay. Visit Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, one of Africa’s finest gardens. Radisson Granger Bay Hotel (BL)
Day 7: Cape Town / Johannesburg – Friday
Fly back to Johannesburg & Mount Grace Hotel, one of the finest country hotels in South Africa. (B)
Day 8: Livingston – Victoria Falls – Saturday (BD)
All transfers are included. Fly to Livingston. Air fare is included in economy class (tax included). Accommodations: Royal Livingston Hotel or Zambezi Sun ( BD )
Day 9: Victoria Falls – Sunday
This master work of nature–plunging into a massive ravine and sending up a roar of spray sufficient to sustain a rainforest around its edge–needs little introduction. Our exciting program includes all of the town’s “musts”: two nights luxury accommodations; a guided tour of the falls and nearby artisan village and a Sundowner cruise on the Zambezi River. This tour includes two breakfasts, airport transfers and guided sightseeing. Accommodations: Royal Livingston Hotel or Zambezi Sun ( BD )
Day 10: Victoria Falls / Johannesburg – Monday (B)
All transfers are included as usual. Fly back to Johannesburg. Air fare is included Livingston to Johannesburg, and your hotel: Sandton Hilton. Air fare is included in economy class (tax included).
Day 11: Johannesburg – Tuesday (B)
Early morning transfer to JNB Airport to board your flight to Cairo. Air fare is included between JNB, Cairo and Casablanca, in economy class (tax included).
Day 12: CAIRO – Wednesday (B)
We arrive in Cairo with the dawn. Our representative will greet you at the airport and whisk you to your hotel.
We drive through the awakening city to our hotel for breakfast and a bracing cup of coffee or tea.
VIP Arrival Hall At Cairo Airport
Visa will be issued upon arrival at Cairo Airport for a limited number of citizens such as American, Australian, NZ, EU, Canadian, EU Singaporean and Japanese citizens. You are responsible for having your passport in order, valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of your arrival in Cairo. Our local rep. will meet you with a sign that carries your name and will be waiting for you with the prepaid visa stamps to proceed to the passports control to stamp your passports and then claim your luggage. After you clear the passport and customs formalities and exit the terminal, our local representative will escort you by private vehicle to the hotel. Sample deluxe hotels: Fairmont Hotel, Inter.Continental, Conrad, Marriott, Sheraton, Hilton or similar. First Class: Novotel or similar.
Day 13: CAIRO – Thursday (BL)
It’s on with your first full day in Egypt we show you the Egyptian Museum, the Citadel of Saladin, and the Mohammed Ali Mosque, made of alabaster. Lunch is included at Naguib Mahfouz restaurant before we head for a treasure hunt and walking tour of Khan El-Khalili Bazaar.
Day 14: CAIRO – Friday (BL)
Today we drive to the edge of Cairo and the Sahara to tour the Pyramids of Giza, the Sphinx, and the Solar boat museum. After lunch at the Mena House we will head off to Memphis, Sakkara and the Step Pyramid. Camel ride is included (10-15 minutes) with our compliments, if you wish.
DAY 15: Luxor – Board your Nile Cruise – Saturday (BLD)
We fly to Luxor. From the airport we proceed to tour today the magnificent tombs in the Valley of the Kings including Tut-Ank-Amon’s tomb and the great temple of Queen Hatshepsut. @e stop at the Colossi of Memnon on the way back to our Nile cruiser in time for a delicious lunch. Complimentary welcome fruit basket awaits you in your cabin. The gigantic Great Temple of Amon at Karnak, and the mighty Temple of Luxor are our goals in the afternoon. We’ll return in time for the afternoon tea served on deck. You’ll have a chance to explore your ship before dinner.
DAY 16: LUXOR, EDFU – On Board Your Nile Cruise – Sunday (BLD)
We sail to Esna to go through the locks and on to Edfu where we dock for the night. In the evening we’ll celebrate in Egyptian style, dressed in galabias, the flowing national costume. A galabya will be delivered to your cabin with our compliments.
DAY 17: EDFU, KOM OMBO – On Board Your Nile Cruise – Monday (BLD)
We moor in Edfu, climb aboard horse-drawn carriages, and clip-clop through the town to the Temple of Horus, Egypt’s best-preserved temple. Re-embarking on our Nile cruiser, we enjoy lunch as we sail further south upriver.
We disembark downstream at Kom Ombo to visit its twin temples of Haroeris, the sun god, and Sobek, the crocodile god, then continue our voyage to Aswan, while we party after dinner with music & dance.
DAY 18: ASWAN- On Board Your Nile Cruise – Tuesday (BLD)
First we tour Aswan dams, then on to the awesome Aswan dams, and next an ancient granite quarry complete with an unfinished obelisk. Then we go by motor launch to the Island temple of Philae , dedicated to the Ancient Goddess ISIS.
The Mystery of Isis. Two millennia ago the Mediterranean world was enthralled by the mystery of Isis:
“I, Isis, am all that has been, that is or shall be; no mortal man hath ever seen me unveiled.”
Called Aset by the ancient Egyptians, the goddess was a Madonna in the Mediterranean tradition that stretches far, far back to the primitive Mother Goddess from Anatolia, home to some of the oldest human communities on earth.
Isis was the powerful and quick-witted protector of her son Horus, the Sun God. Ancient peoples throughout the Mediterranean regarded Isis and Horus as the perfect Madonna and Child. Another legend says she was also the mother of the fertility god Min who, judging from the depiction of him on temple walls, needed no help from Viagra!
Because of her wisdom and skill at protection, she was admired as a good magician capable of healing the sick and protecting the dead in their journey to the Underworld.
Our farewell dinner this evening is a buffet of Egyptian specialties, followed by a show featuring oriental performers including, of course, a belly dancer.
DAY 19: CAIRO – Wednesday (B)
Check out after breakfast followed by a return flight to Cairo. In the afternoon, wander through the city on your own or do your last-minute shopping. Sonesta Hotel or Intercontinental or similar.
Day 20: MARRAKECH – Thursday (B)
We fly to Casablanca and after you clear formalities, please proceed to connect to the onward flight to Marrakech (all air fare is included in our rates, in economy class, tax included). Our flight arrives in Marrakech. Our staff will escort us to our hotel, where we enjoy a welcome warm cup of mint tea and a welcome fruit basket awaits you. Subject to availability: your accommodation will be at one of Marrakech deluxe Riad (Boutique hotels) or a five-star hotel.
DAY 21: MARRAKECH – Friday (BLD)
We board a horse-drawn carriage for a clip-clop tour of this ancient royal capital, including the Kotoubia, a former royal palace, and of course the labyrinthine souks (bazaars). Lunch is included at a charming local restaurant.
Complimentary Dinner is included at a local home
Meet the locals. You may wish to bring token gifts to exchange with the host family (T shirt, small souvenirs of your home town).
This evening we’ll venture where few ordinary visitors ever tread… right into the homes of some of the people of Marrakech! You’ll be invited to a family dinner and, while you enjoy wholesome home-cooked specialties, you’ll learn about and appreciate the outlook, aspirations, and way of life of your hosts. Be assured, as curious as you may be about your new friends, they’re sure to have questions about your own background. Once the ice is broken, you’ll enjoy a lively evening, and find that you have more in common than you ever suspected. Of course, if you prefer, you may enjoy a quiet evening with your travel companions by letting us know your preferences.
Day 22: MARRAKECH – Saturday (BL)
After breakfast in you hotel, leave for Amizmiz, 54 Kilometers from Marrakech. On the way you will see the Oumnast Kasbah then the Lalla Takerkoust Dam built between 1929 and 1935 with it man made lake. It will take you about an hour to reach Amizmiz, a typical Berber village, we tour the Kasbah and the “Mellah” (Jewish quarter). Every Tuesday an important country market is held where all the villagers from the area come for their weekly shopping and gossiping. There you can buy interesting Regragra potteries. Your guide will welcome you in his home for a traditional Berber breakfast then you will start your hiking first through Sidi Hossein valley to reach Tizi Oughourane. On the way you will see picturesque landscapes of the Atlas mountains, Berber villages with their houses built in stone and earth. After a typical lunch accompanied by mint tea, you will come back to Amizimiz by a different itinerary and be transferred back to busy Marrakech by late afternoon.
Day 23: BY TRAIN TO CASABLANCA – Sunday (BL)
“Getting there is half the fun!” We board the train for our return to Casablanca, cruising through the lovely countryside past green fields, fruit-laden orchards, traditional villages and modern towns, with the lofty Atlas Mountains soaring in the distance. Our tour escort points out interesting features, and fills us in on Moroccan life and culture. After arriving in Casablanca, we visit the majestic new Grand Mosque of King Hassan II, second only to the Great Mosque at Mecca in size. We continue on a panoramic tour of the city and its souks, before we head for our hotel: The Royal Mansour or similar.
Day 24: Departure from CASABLANCA – Monday (B)
After breakfast our local rep. escorts you back to the airport. Bon Voyage!
Remember because there is limited space on the safari vehicle, ONE medium sized bag (soft luggage preferred) is allowed on the safari vehicle per person, plus your carry on.
|Cost per person in USD $|
|Sharing in double Occupancy:||$ 18,900. USD|
|In single Occupancy:||$ 20,650. USD|
|Sorry, no triple occupancy room on Safaris.|
For Christmas – New Years: ( Dec 20-Jan 2 ), as well as the Easter season (2 weeks): Please add %15 to the listed rates.
- Air fare Johannesburg/ Livingston / Johannesburg , economy class, tax included.
- Airfare between Morocco, South Africa and Egypt, economy class , with tax included
- All airfares within Egypt, in economy class, tax included.
- Deluxe Hotel accommodation with tax & service charges.
- All transfers are on a private basis as per itinerary.
- Private touring on board the Nile cruise: private guide, private chauffeur, private air-conditioned vehicle for the full cruise/shore excursions. Deluxe Nile Cruise with all meals.
- Private touring in Morocco and Egypt, private guide, private chauffeur, private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Preset menu meals including B = Breakfast, (or cB, Continental Breakfast) L = Lunch, D = Dinner
- Internal Airfare – Johannesburg – Mashatu – Johannesburg – Cape Town.
- Daily accommodations as shown in the itinerary & all hotel taxes and service charges
- All hotel /airport transfers as indicated
- Transportation in air-conditioned coaches
- Game drives in open 4-wheel drive safari vehicles, conducted by experienced Tswana rangers and trackers Spotlight game drives at night
- Game walks accompanied by experienced Tswana ranger and tracker
- All sightseeing, game viewing, entrance fees and park fees as indicated in the itinerary.
- VIP Arrival Hall Meet & Greet At Cairo Airport
- Visa will be issued upon arrival at Cairo Airport for a limited number of citizens such as American, Australian, NZ, EU, Canadian, EU Singaporean and Japanese citizens. You are responsible for having your passport in order, valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of your arrival in Cairo. Our local rep. will meet you with a sign that carries your name and will be waiting for you with the prepaid visa stamps to proceed to the passports control to stamp your passports and then claim your luggage. After you clear the passport and customs formalities and exit the terminal, our local representative will escort you by private vehicle to the hotel. Welcome fruit basket & Egyptian pastry awaits you in your room in Cairo with our compliments.
- Any international airport from/to your home country.
- Airport and country departure taxes.
- Passport and visa fees.
- Travel insurance
- Excess baggage charges
- Shipping charges
- Any other items of a personal nature such as gratuities to drivers and guides, porters, telephone/telex/fax charges, laundry, and beverages.
- Personal expenses including but not limited to beverages, laundry, communication costs, excess baggage fees (baggage is restricted to 26 lbs (Modify as required) per person in a soft sided bag where charter flights are included).
- Traveler’s insurance (the purchase of travel insurance is suggested to protect your investment in case of unanticipated curtailment or cancellation of your tour).
- Medical expenses, medical insurance ( passenger must show proof of insurance).
- Gratuities to drivers, guides or tour managers.
- Any sightseeing, safari activities, meals, or other activities not specified in the itinerary or indicated as optional.
- Please note that tipping is discretionary, however, the following guidelines are provided: $5-$10 per day for professional safari guides; $3-$5 per day for camp staff, e.g. waiters, housekeepers, which is a communal tip that is shared among the staff); porters – $1; driver/guides – $2-$5); restaurant waiters/waitresses – 10% of bill; hotel housekeeping – $2 per day.
- Excess baggage charges, shipping charges, items of a personal
- Private touring on board the cruise: Please add $ 250 per person for the full cruise/shore excursions.
Prices are subject to change due to currency fluctuations, increase in fuel prices, or other fees imposed by the government or tourism industry not within our control.
DEPARTURE DATES: Weekly departures year round. Terms and conditions as per our web site & our brochures.