In an 11- day Athens, Mykonos, Santorini EscapadeHideaway in the Greek Islands. This 11-day itinerary includes three days in Athens, then whisks you by air to idyllic hideaways in the Greek Islands. You’ll compare superlatives. Our select island facilities offer privacy, intimacy, and outings to villages, beaches, taverns and more. The choice is yours. Daily arrival in Athens: April – October.
You may start with the Islands, and have Athens at the end. Your International flight into Athens on Day 1 should arrive no later than 1 PM in the afternoon.
DAY 1 – ATHENS- Daily Arrival: April-Oct – Choose your own arrival date
You’ll be greeted at the airport by our local representative who will assist with formalities and baggage, and see you to your hotel. Once you settle in, you’re free to stroll, browse for curios and treasures, and perhaps dine at a cafe in the old Plaka district. Or, we’ll be pleased to arrange an optional Athens by Night tour, which includes a Greek dinner and musical entertainment.
DAY 2 – ATHENS – Group Tour (B)
A half-day city tour will orient you to the high points of Athens. You’ll visit Syntagma Square, at the very heart of the city; the Parliament; Hadrian’s Arch; and culminate with the Acropolis and its museum. Your afternoon is free for further exploring, shopping or, perhaps, another visit to the Plaka.
Day 3 – Private Tour Argolis (BL)
Private Air Conditioned Vehicle – Private Chauffeur – Private Guide. Breakfast at the hotel. Lunch is included at a local restaurant. Bottled water / tea or coffee: included with your lunch. Drive through Corinth crossing the famous canal to Mycenae where visits are included to the Lion Gate, Tombs of Agememnon and Clytemnestra, and the Palace. Luncheon at the seaside resort town of Nauplion. Afterward, a short drive to the world famous theater of Epidaurus, known for its perfect acoustics. Visit the museum and Askelpeion. Return to Athens in the early evening. For the lunch we will either stop in Mycenae or Nauplion.
Some detail on your drive today:
- Athens – Corinth canal is about 1.15 hours drive (depending on traffic)
- The distance is 85 kilometers.
- Corinth canal – Mycenae is around 30 minutes. The distance is 45 kilometers.
- Mycenae – Epidaurus is 45 minutes. This distance is 60 kilometers.
- Epidaurus – Athens (via the coastal road) is around 2:15hrs. The distance is approx. 150 kilometers.
DAY 4 – ATHENS, MYKONOS (B)
Take the morning to finish your shopping, or for additional explorations. In the afternoon, we’ll call for you and see you to the airport for your flight to the island of Mykonos. We’ll have a representative on hand to meet you, and check you in to your hotel. Relax!
DAY 5 – MYKONOS (B)
The day is totally yours. There’s no need to venture beyond the grounds of your lovely hotel, but on the other hand, there’s plenty of reason to do so, starting with 350 whitewashed churches and chapels, dramatic cliffs, blue seas, and secluded beaches.
DAY 6 – MYKONOS (B)
Maybe this will be your day to stay put. Or maybe you’ll mix relaxation with walks to photograph the famed windmills of Mykonos, or to watch fishermen at work along the sea.
DAY 7 – MYKONOS, SANTORINI (B)
Reserve some time to stroll the cobbled lanes of Mykonos; to sip an ouzo at a waterside cafe; discover a beach or two; or to pick up a loaf of fresh bread, cheese and olives, and picnic on a hillside as you look out to sailboats at sea. We’ll rendezvous in time to take you to your ferry (business class) or hydrofoil for Santorini. On arrival, we’ll see that you’re checked in to your hotel.
Sample Villas in Santorini:
- Dana Villas, in Firostefani offers view of the ancient volcano.
- Chromata Apartments, in Imerovigli offers also view of the ancient volcano.
- Both are available for Deluxe & Superior First class categories.
DAY 8 – SANTORINI (B)
Enjoy breakfast at your lovely hotel and linger for as long as you wish. When you venture out, explore the cliff top town of Thira with its winding paths leading from view to spectacular view. We offer an optional tour to the archaeological site of Akrotiri, reputed to be the center of the lost civilization of Atlantis. Sample optional tours available based on Private arrangement or Local Group tour.
DAY 9 – SANTORINI (B)
The day is yours for relaxing or exploring on your own–or both! You might take a boat across to the dormant volcano, and ascend through a crater-pocked moonscape to the crater. Or savor a soak in hot sulfur springs. Arrange a winery visit or another excursion.
DAY 10 – Santorini or Athens (B)
If your flight tomorrow from Athens is an early morning one, then suggest that you fly back to Athens today. Enjoy a leisurely breakfast at your hotel. We’ll pick you up and see you to your Athens-bound flight. Upon arrival in Athens, proceed on your own to Sofitel Athens Airport Hotel.
If your flight tomorrow is a late afternoon one from Athens to your home country then, you may wish to spend the night in Santorini and connect tomorrow to Athens. The flight Santorini Athens is included in our rate, economy class, tax included.
DAY 11 – Departure from Athens or Santorini (B)
After breakfast, if you are at Sofitel Athens Airport Hotel, then proceed on your own to your gate. If you are leaving from Santorini, our local rep will assist with your transfer from the hotel to Santorini Airport. Kalo Taxidi! Bon Voyage! Please click here to add the Greek Isles of Syros and Delos.
|Rates per person in US$, Double Occupancy|
|First Class Hotel||Deluxe Hotel|
|$ 3296.||$ 3713.|
|Rates per person in US$, in Single Occupancy|
Tour starts daily in Athens: March to November
- Travel guide book
- Hotel accommodation as per itinerary.
- Athens City tour with a private driver, air-conditioned vehicle and private guide.
- Breakfast daily at the hotels.
- Airport greeting and assistance Hotel transfers in Athens, Mykonos, and Santorini.
- Hotel service charges and taxes.
- Airfare within Greece as per itinerary, in economy class, tax included.
- International airfare from/to USA.
- Gratuities Personal expenses.
- Beverages, and meals not specifically listed.
- Trip Cancellation Insurance. Travel Insurance (Please ask your own insurance agent).
Sample hotels in Athens:
- Deluxe: Divani Palace Acropolis.
- To upgrade to Athens Plaza or the Grand Bretagne Classical room please add: $ 650 USDS per person in double
- First: Titania, Stanley
Sample hotels in Mykonos:
- Deluxe: Royal Myconian, Myconian Imperial or similar
- For staying in a Deluxe room with Jacuzzi at the Royal Myconian in Mykonos, the supplement is $USD 570 per person for the whole stay
- First Class: Petassos Beach. “K” Group Hotel
Sample Villas/ Apartments in Santorini:
- For Deluxe rates:Volcano View Villas. Nikos Villas in Oia.
- For Dana Villas with a view of the Caldera & the sea (Firostefani). Please add: $ 150 per person, or upgrade to a suite at Dana Villas for a supplement of $ $ 550 per person, or $700 per person for the Honeymoon Suite
- For Chromata Apartments: Superior Rooms: with a view of the caldera & the sea (Imerovigli.)
Please add: $ 250 USD per person.
- First Class accommodation: Sun Rocks, in Firostefani, Astra Apartments, On The Rocks or Tzekos Villas
- For a private villa at the Pantheon with a private swimming pool, please add $860 Per person for the total stay in Santorini to the deluxe rate listed above.