In an 11-day Greek Mediterranean Honeymoon Escapade
Athens, Mykonos, Santorini, Delos
Hideaway in the Greek Islands. This 11-day itinerary includes three days in Athens, then whisks you by air to idyllic hideaways in the Greek Islands. You’ll compare superlatives. Our select island facilities offer privacy, intimacy, and outings to villages, beaches, taverns and more. The choice is yours. Daily arrival in Athens: April – October. Click here to add Syros, Delos and Naxos.
You may start with the Islands, and have Athens at the end. Your International flight into Athens on Day 1 should arrive no later than 1 PM in the afternoon.
DAY 1: Athens – Daily Arrival: April-Oct – Choose your own arrival date
You’ll be greeted at the airport by our local representative who will assist with formalities and baggage, and see you to your hotel. Once you settle in, you’re free to stroll, browse for curios and treasures, and perhaps dine at a cafe in the old Plaka district. Or, we’ll be pleased to arrange an optional Athens by Night tour, which includes a Greek dinner and musical entertainment.
DAY 2: Athens – Private Tour (BL)
A full-day private city tour will orient you to the high points of Athens. You’ll visit Syntagma Square, at the very heart of the city; the Parliament; Hadrian’s Arch; and culminate with the Acropolis and its museum. Lunch is included at a local restaurant, followed by a walking tour and further exploring the Plaka old district:
This private tour gives you an opportunity to observe the striking contrasts that make Athens such a fascinating city. Your expert private guide will take you to see the Panathenaic Stadium where the first Olympic Games of modern times were held in 1896 (short stop), continue on and pass by the Prime Minister’s residence (former Royal Palace) guarded by the Euzones in their colorful uniform, the Temple of Olympian Zeus, the Hadrian Arch, the Parliament and the memorial to the Unknown Soldier, the Academy, the University, the National Library, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion and finally “the harmony between material and spirit”, the monument that “puts order in the mind”, the Parthenon, continue and visit the place where at last the statues found their home and admire the winders of the classical era at the Acropolis museum. Lunch is included at a local restaurant. Afternoon leisurely walking tour of the ancient district of Plaka, we break for ice-cream before returning to your hotel.
Day 3: Private Tour Argolis (BL)
Private Air Conditioned Vehicle – Private Chauffeur – Private Guide. Breakfast at the hotel. Lunch is included at a local restaurant. Bottled water / tea or coffee: included with your lunch. Drive through Corinth crossing the famous canal to Mycenae where visits are included to the Lion Gate, Tombs of Agememnon and Clytemnestra, and the Palace. Luncheon at the seaside resort town of Nauplion. Afterward, a short drive to the world famous theater of Epidaurus, known for its perfect acoustics. Visit the museum and Askelpeion. Return to Athens in the early evening. For the lunch we will either stop in Mycenae or Nauplion.
Some detail on your drive today:
- Athens – Corinth canal is about 1.15 hours drive (depending on traffic)
- The distance is 85 kilometers.
- Corinth canal – Mycenae is around 30 minutes. The distance is 45 kilometers.
- Mycenae – Epidaurus is 45 minutes. This distance is 60 kilometers.
- Epidaurus – Athens (via the coastal road) is around 2:15hrs. The distance is approx. 150 kilometers.
DAY 4: Athens, Mykonos (B)
Take the morning to finish your shopping, or for additional explorations. In the afternoon, we’ll call for you and see you to the airport for your flight to the island of Mykonos. We’ll have a representative on hand to meet you, and check you in to your hotel. Relax!
DAY 5: Mykonos (B)
The day is totally yours. There’s no need to venture beyond the grounds of your lovely hotel, but on the other hand, there’s plenty of reason to do so, starting with 350 whitewashed churches and chapels, dramatic cliffs, blue seas, and secluded beaches, maybe this will be your day to stay put. Or maybe you’ll mix relaxation with walks to photograph the famed windmills of Mykonos, or to watch fishermen at work along the sea.
DAY 6: Mykonos – Delos (Dilos) (B)
After breakfast, our local representative will escort you to the port for Delos Island Group Tour: A 30-minute boat ride to this small neighboring island. Dilos was perceived in the Ancient World to be one of the most important sites, as it was the birthplace of many of the ancient gods such as Apollo and Artemis. Humans settled in Delos almost 3000 years BC. Delos used to be the power seat and the religious center of the Ancient Aegean world. The island is now uninhabited. The guided tour covers the ancient ruins, Doric temples, markets, an amphitheater, houses with mosaics and the iconic Terrace of the Lions statues, the Sacred Holy Lake and the Agira. The Archaeological Museum displays statues excavated from the site. Return to Mykonos and your hotel.
DAY 7: Mykonos, Santorini (B)
Reserve some time to stroll the cobbled lanes of Mykonos; to sip an ouzo at a waterside cafe; discover a beach or two; or to pick up a loaf of fresh bread, cheese and olives, and picnic on a hillside as you look out to sailboats at sea. We’ll rendezvous in time to take you to your ferry (business class) or hydrofoil for Santorini. On arrival, we’ll see that you’re checked in to your hotel.
DAY 8: Santorini (B)
Enjoy breakfast at your lovely hotel and linger for as long as you wish. When you venture out, explore the cliff top town of Thira with its winding paths leading from view to spectacular view. We offer an optional tour to the archaeological site of Akrotiri, reputed to be the center of the lost civilization of Atlantis. Sample optional tours available based on Private arrangement or Local Group tour.
DAY 9: Santorini (B)
The day is yours for relaxing or exploring on your own–or both! You might take a boat across to the dormant volcano, and ascend through a crater-pocked moonscape to the crater. Or savor a soak in hot sulfur springs. Arrange a winery visit or another excursion.
DAY 10: Santorini or Athens (B)
If your flight tomorrow from Athens is an early morning one, then suggest that you fly back to Athens today. Enjoy a leisurely breakfast at your hotel. We’ll pick you up and see you to your Athens-bound flight. Upon arrival in Athens, proceed on your own to Sofitel Athens Airport Hotel.
If your flight tomorrow is a late afternoon one from Athens to your home country then, you may wish to spend the night in Santorini and connect tomorrow to Athens. The flight Santorini Athens is included in our rate, economy class, tax included.
DAY 11: Departure from Athens or Santorini (B)
After breakfast, if you are at Sofitel Athens Airport Hotel, then proceed on your own to your gate. If you are leaving from Santorini, our local rep will assist with your transfer from the hotel to Santorini Airport. Kalo Taxidi! Bon Voyage! Please click here to add the Greek Isles of Syros and Delos.
|Rates per person in US$, Double Occupancy:|
|First Class Hotel||Deluxe Hotel|
|Rates per person in US$, in Single Occupancy:|
- Hotel accommodation as per itinerary.
- Athens city tour with a private driver, air-conditioned vehicle and private guide as listed.
- Breakfast daily at the hotels.
- Airport greeting and assistance Hotel transfers in Athens, Mykonos, and Santorini, always on a private basis, private air-conditioned vehicle, private chauffeur.
- Hotel service charges and taxes.
- Airfare within Greece as per itinerary, in economy class, tax included.
- International airfare from/to your home country.
- Gratuities Personal expenses.
- Beverages, and meals not specifically listed.
- Trip Cancellation Insurance. Travel Insurance.
Sample hotels in Athens:
- Deluxe: Divani Palace Acropolis.
- To upgrade to Athens Plaza or the Grand Bretagne Classical room please add: $ 750.00 USDS per person in double
- First: Titania, Stanley
Sample hotels in Mykonos- or Similar:
- Deluxe: Royal Myconian, Myconian Imperial or similar
- For staying in a Deluxe room with Jacuzzi at the Royal Myconian in Mykonos, the supplement is $USD 670.00 per person for the whole stay
- First Class: Petassos Beach. “K” Group Hotel
Sample Villas/ Apartments in Santorini – os Similar:
- For Deluxe rates:
- Volcano View Villas. Nikos Villas in Oia. Dana Villas with a view of the Caldera & the sea (Firostefani). For an upgrade to a suite at Dana Villas: please add $650.00 per person, or $800.00 per person for the Honeymoon Suite
- Chromata Hotel: Superior Rooms: with a view of the caldera & the sea (Imerovigli.)
- For a private villa at the Pantheon Villas with a private swimming pool, please add $1060.00 Per person for the total stay in Santorini to the deluxe rate listed above.
- First Class accommodation:
- Sun Rocks, in Firostefani, Astra Apartments, On The Rocks or Tzekos Villas