Botticelli Tour with a Foray into Croatia
All in 14-days
Split – Hvar – Korcula – Dubrovnik – Rome –
Assisi – Siena – Florence – Padua – Venice
Day 1: Thursday – Arrive Split – Croatia – Thursday – Weekly arrival – April through October
Our local rep. meets you at Split Airport and assists with your transfer to the hotel.
Day 2: Split – Croatia – Friday (BD)
Breakfast is always included daily at the hotel. Full day at leisure to recover from the flight across the Atlantic and/or explore Split as you wish. We are happy to add optional tours as you wish (extra $$ applies). Dinner is included tonight at a charming local restaurant.
DAY 3: SPLIT – HVAR – Saturday (BD)
Breakfast at a hotel. Morning tour of the magnificent town of Split with its numerous archaeological, historical and cultural sites. Ferry from Split to Starigrad on island of Hvar. Transfer from Stari Grad to hotel in Hvar town for overnight. Dinner is included at the hotel tonight.
DAY 4: HVAR – Sunday (B)
Breakfast at a hotel. Morning tour exploring Hvar town and the Island. The town of Hvar has a unique cultural and historical heritage and is also an important tourist resort with a centuries-old tradition in tourism. Enjoy its pleasant climate with a lot of sunshine, natural beauties, famous gastronomic offerings, sports and recreational opportunities. Afternoon at leisure.
DAY 5: HVAR – KORCULA – Monday (B)
Breakfast at hotel. Afternoon transfer to Hvar harbor for departure by boat to Korcula Island. Evening arrival at Korcula, and your hotel. Remainder of the day at leisure.
DAY 6: KORCULA – DUBROVNIK – Tuesday (B)
Breakfast at hotel. Morning tour to explore the Korcula old town, the hometown of the famous explorer Marco Polo. Experience the narrow streets, beautiful churches and magnificent palaces in one of the best preserved Medieval towns in the Mediterranean. Early afternoon departure from Korcula to Dubrovnik. Arrival at Dubrovnik and overnight in the hotel.
DAY 7: DUBROVNIK – Wednesday (BD)
Breakfast at hotel. We have included a Dubrovnik morning city sightseeing and walk along the city walls. Panoramic ride overlooking Dubrovnik to Srd mountain with Dubrovnik’s new cable car. Dinner is included tonight at a charming local restaurant.
DAY 8: DUBROVNIK – Thursday (B)
Breakfast at hotel. We recommend a day visit to nearby Elaphite Islands or Island of Lokrum.
DAY 9: DUBROVNIK / Rome – Friday (B)
After breakfast transfer to the airport. Economy class air fare to Rome (plus tax) is included in our rate. Upon arrival at Rome Airport our local rep. will be waiting and carrying a sign with your name. Transfer to your hotel is included in our rate. Available also on Tuesdays.
Day 10: Rome – ASSISI – SIENA – FLORENCE – Saturday
Early morning departure for ASSISI, the mystic town of Saint Francis still surrounded by ancient walls. Visit the Basilica of Saint Francis with its early Renaissance masterpieces by Giotto and Cimabue. Proceed on to SIENA, the beautiful medieval city renowned for the Palio. Then on to FLORENCE. Dinner and overnight.
Day 11: FLORENCE – Sunday
Buffet breakfast. Guided sightseeing tour of the cradle of the Renaissance. Panoramic visit the beautiful Piazza del Duomo, the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, Giotto’s Bell Tower, the Baptistery of St. John, the Academy of Fine Arts Gallery housing the “David” by Michelangelo, and Santa Croce, the 13th century Franciscan church with Cimabue’s famous crucifix. Rest of the day at leisure for optional sightseeing or shopping. Dinner and overnight.
Day 12: FLORENCE – PADUA – VENICE – Monday
Buffet breakfast. Departure for PADUA, where you will visit the famous Cathedral of St. Anthony, guarded by Donatello’s “Gattamelata”. Continue on to VENICE, and upon arrival enjoy a guided walking tour of this unique city. You will see the Piazza and Basilica of St. Mark, the Doge’s Palace, the Bridge of Sighs and the Prisons. Dinner and overnight.
Day 13: VENICE – Tuesday
Buffet breakfast. Morning tour to a glass factory in Murano (optional shopping) by motor launch. Dinner and overnight.
Day 14: VENICE – Wednesday
Buffet breakfast. Transfer to Venice airport. End of the tour. Bon Voyage!
|Rates per person in USD$|
$ 5469. USD
$ 5574. USD
Children Discount: Younger than 12 year of age at time of travel must share with 2 adults to enjoy a 15 % discount.
- Locally guided sightseeing group touring in Italy and all ground transportation (deluxe air conditioned coaches) as indicated.
- Private touring while in Croatia. Your will have your own vehicle, your private chauffeur and private local guides.
- Air fare in economy class, with tax, between Croatia and Italy.
- All airport and port / hotels transfers.
- All ferry tickets in Croatia.
- An English speaking tour escort in Italy.
- All entrance fees except to museums.
- Meals as indicated from pre-set menu: Continental buffet breakfast daily. Plus 4 dinners in Italy (Drinks NOT included).
- Accommodation at 3 stars hotels with private bathroom facilities including tax, service charges.
- Sample Accommodation in Italy: 3-star hotels (or similar) with downtown location:
- Florence: Hotel Grifone or similar.
- Venice: Hotel Continental or similar.
- Accommodations in Croatia with breakfast (B) as indicated below, or at comparable properties, according to availability. Three and four star hotels (or similar):
- Dubrovnik: Hotel Argosy or Tirena
- Split: Hotel Katarina or Dalmina
- Service charges and taxes included.
- English Speaking local guides in Italy.
- Personal expenses, beverages, and meals not specifically included.
- Gratuities for local personnel
- Travel insurance
- International air fare
- IMPORTANT: entrance fee to the museums in Italy are not included and are to be paid locally.