Including Victoria Falls
Experience the Best of Egypt,
Nile Cruising and South Africa
All in 18 Days
The best of Egypt, a good look at Cairo and a 5-day cruise along the Nile, then on to South Africa. Then embark on thrilling game drives near Botswana’s remote Limpopo River to South Africa’s most cosmopolitan city on Table Bay, Cape Town. Let us introduce you to the land… South of the Limpopo.
This is truly an experience for those who have been dreaming to see and enjoy the ultimate African tour from Cairo all the way to Cape Town. This combination of cosmopolitan Cape Town , Victoria Falls and the Safaris. a true diverse itinerary offering an array of Southern Africa’s finest travel experiences.
DAY 1: CAIRO – Tour Starts Weekly in Cairo – Saturday
VIP Meet & Greet At Cairo Airport
Arrive in Cairo. Visa may be issued upon arrival at Cairo Airport. VIP Meet & Greet At Cairo Airport. Our representative will greet you at the airport and whisk you to your hotel. Visa will be issued upon arrival at Cairo Airport for a limited number of citizens such as American, Australian, NZ, EU, Canadian, EU Singaporean and Japanese citizens. You are responsible for having your passport in order, valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of your arrival in Cairo. Our local rep. will meet you with a sign that carries your name, and will be waiting for you with the prepaid visa stamps to proceed to the passports control to stamp your passports, then you claim your luggage. After you clear the passport and customs formalities and exit the terminal, our local representative will escort you by private vehicle to the hotel. Welcome fruit basket & Egyptian pastry awaits you in your room with our compliments. Sample deluxe hotels: Fairmont Hotel, Inter.Continental, Sheraton, Hilton or similar. First Class: Novotel or similar.
DAY 2: Giza Pyramids – The Sphinx – Dahshour Pyramids Field – Complimentary Home Hosted Dinner – Sunday (BL)
Private air-conditioned Vehicle. Private Chauffeur. Private Egyptologist.
Breakfast is included, as always, at your hotel. Lunch is included at the legendary Mena House Hotel with the Giza Pyramids serving as 5000 years old background. Your exploration of ancient Giza begins today! After breakfast we’ll motor to the edge of the Sahara to visit: Giza Pyramids, the mysterious Sphinx and the Museum of Cheops ‘s Royal Yacht, the oldest and only known surviving Royal Barge from Ancient Egypt (the Pharaoh’s Solar Boat Museum). The museum is built over the rectangular pit that housed the Royal Barge for thousands of years. The wooden boat was readied for the king’s daily journey with the sun god, Ra . Discovered in 1954, in a completely dismantled state, the 43-metre (140-foot) cedar boat is a rare window on the Royal boats used by the kings of Ancient Egypt.
Those who are fit and adventurous enough may wish to penetrate into the heart of the Great Pyramid – to the King’s Chamber. Your ticket is included with our compliments (or the interior of Kephren Pyramid). Taking a camel ride (included) is entirely your own choice!
After lunch we continue to Dahshour, the pyramid field south of Cairo. We visit the great pyramid of Senfru, father of Cheops, and other structures:
We head back to your hotel late afternoon.
This evening for guests who enjoy meeting the locals:
This evening we’ll venture where few ordinary visitors ever tread… right into the homes of some of the people of Cairo! You’ll be invited to a family dinner and, while you enjoy wholesome home-cooked specialties, you’ll learn about and appreciate the outlook, aspirations, and way of life of your hosts. Be assured, as curious as you may be about your new friends, they’re sure to have questions about your own background. Once the ice is broken, you’ll enjoy a lively evening, and find that you have more in common than you ever suspected. Of course, if you prefer, you may enjoy a quiet evening having dinner with your travel companions, by letting us know your preferences. You may wish to bring token gifts to exchange with the host family (T shirt, small souvenirs of your home town).
DAY 3: CAIRO – Monday (BLD)
Private air condition car for your tour today. Private chauffeur.
This is a very full day. Your exploration of ancient Cairo continues today! We’ll start after breakfast with the Egyptian Museum. Here you’ll see the treasures of the ancient pharaohs: Mummies Hall is included, statuary, and precious stones and metals. Travelers have long come to Cairo just to gaze on these sights alone. But there’s more, on we go to the Coptic & Jewish ancient quarter including the Coptic Museum, Beni Ezra Synagogue and the spot where it is believed that “Baby Moses” was found by the Egyptian Queen entourage. After lunch Egyptian-style, we’ll enjoy a walking tour of the ancient Khan El Khalili Bazaar district and Moez Le-deenallah or Al-Mu’izz li-Din Allah 10-Century newly restored street and district. Conclude a memorable day as we host you on a Nile dinner cruise complete with exotic Egyptian entertainment.
DAY 4: ASWAN, (or Luxor) – Board Your Nile Cruise – Tuesday (BLD)
We fly to Aswan (or Luxor) and board our Nile cruiser in time for a delicious lunch. Complimentary welcome fruit basket awaits you in your cabin. In the afternoon we enjoy a leisurely sail by graceful felucca on the Nile. Only for those who are interested: a short camel caravan & ride for almost half an hour to visit a local Nubian Village. Sample Nile Cruise or similar: Deluxe – Movenpick Radamis II(Luxor), Movenpick Royal Lotus (Aswan) or similar. First – Presidential Admiral / Symphony, or similar. Evening horse-drawn carriage ride throughout Aswan waterfront and local souks.
DAY 5: ASWAN – KOM OMBO -Wednesday (BLD)
First we tour new Nubian Museum then the awesome Aswan dams, and next an ancient granite quarry complete with an unfinished obelisk. Then we go by motor launch to the island temples of Philae. Re-embarking on our Nile cruiser, we sail downstream to Kom Ombo to visit its twin temples.
DAY 6: EDFU – ESNA – Thursday (BLD)
We moor in Edfu, climb aboard horse-drawn carriages, and clip-clop through the town to the Temple of Horus, Egypt’s best-preserved temple. Re-embarking, we cruise to Esna and its great temple dedicated to Khnum, the creator-god. Evening finds us in Luxor.
DAY 7: LUXOR – Friday (BLD)
We tour today the magnificent tombs in the Valley of the Kings and the great temple of Queen Hatshepsut, on to Medinet Habu, the Ramesseum and the Ancient Workers Village, we stop at the Colossi of Memnon on the way back to our cruise.
Today, as well, we will visit Deir El Medinah, on Luxor’s west bank, where you get a totally different perspective on ancient Egyptian life at the ancient workers’ settlement of Deir el-Medinah. While most of the imposing stone monuments and sites of Egypt honor the lives and after-lives of royalty, Deir el-Medinah gives us unique and surprising insights into the ordinary citizens who constructed and decorated the tombs.
Here we’ll see the excavated homes shared by laborers with their domestic animals. These quarters were surprisingly large, with three good-sized rooms, courtyard, kitchen, and even storage cellars. While ancient Egypt might not have been a workers’ paradise, we’ll see that artisans and builders were highly regarded in their community. We are proud to be the only operator to offer regular visits to this singular ancient settlement in its tour and cruise programs. Evening Sound and Light Show at Karnak Temple, please bring a jacket with you.
DAY 8: LUXOR – CAIRO – Complimentary Belly Dance Instruction Class – Saturday (BD)
The gigantic Great Temple of Amon at Karnak, and the mighty Temple of Luxor are our goals in the morning, followed by a return flight to Cairo. In the afternoon, wander through the city on your own, or do your last-minute shopping. For interested guests, please join us for a late afternoon one hour belly dance class (please book at the time you are making your reservation with us).
Dinner is included at the “Zitouni” restaurant.
Zitouni Restaurant offers authentic Egyptian food, you can order up shish barak and finish it off with homemade keshta ice cream. Take a seat in the main dining area and enjoy stunning views of the Nile or settle into one of the contemporary wood alcoves for a more intimate option. An extensive buffet display situated near the open kitchen.
Day 9: CAIRO – Johannesburg, South Africa – Sunday
Our representative will escort you to the airport for your Egyptair flight very early in the morning. Arrive Johannesburg in AM. Flying in business class, tax included: Cairo to JNB. Airport transfers are always on a private basis. Private air-conditioned vehicle, private chauffeur.
You’re transferred to Mount Grace Hotel, one of the finest country hotels in South Africa. Set in hills surrounding Rietpoort Valley, it is home to abundant bird life, cascading waterfall, stone-age relics, and a 400-year-old olive tree. Guests are welcomed with tasteful furnishings and impeccable service. Mount Grace (D)
Days 10 through 12: Mashatu, Botswana – Monday to Wednesday
This morning, board safari flight to Mashatu Game Reserve. At the confluence of Limpopo and Shashe Rivers is Tuli Enclave, a diverse region ranging from savannas to forests to open plains. In open four-wheel-drive land cruisers experienced Tswana rangers and trackers provide guests with unequaled close-up game-viewing and photographic opportunities. Night game drives dinners overlooking lighted watering hole offer unique views of bush life. Mashatu Main Camp (BLD)
Day 13: Cape Town – Thursday
Board morning safari flight to Johannesburg and connect with onward flight to Cape Town. On arrival, you are transferred to the Radisson Granger Bay Hotel – home for the next three nights. The hotel is located next to Victoria and Alfred Waterfront. Radisson Granger Bay Hotel (B)
Day 14: Cape Point / Peninsula Tour – Friday
Travel coastal road that hugs the cold Atlantic Ocean to Hout Bay, a former fishing community that is a popular residential area but still retains the charm from days past. Continue south to Cape Point in the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve, where the Atlantic and the Indian oceans meet. Return along the Indian Ocean coast road. Visit a colony of penguins at Boulders Beach. Drive through Simonstown naval base to Kalk Bay. Visit Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, one of Africa’s finest gardens. Radisson Granger Bay Hotel (BL)
Day 15: Cape Town /Johannesburg – Saturday
Fly back to Johannesburg and Mount Grace Hotel, one of the finest country hotels in South Africa. (B)
Day 16: Livingston – Victoria Falls – Sunday (BD)
All transfers are included. Fly to Livingston. Air fare is included in economy class. Tax included. Accommodations: Royal Livingston Hotel or Zambezi Sun (BD)
Day 17: Victoria Falls – Monday
This master work of nature–plunging into a massive ravine and sending up a roar of spray sufficient to sustain a rainforest around its edge–needs little introduction. Our exciting program includes all of the town’s “musts”: two nights luxury accommodations; a guided tour of the falls and nearby artisan village and a Sundowner cruise on the Zambezi River. This tour includes two breakfasts, airport transfers and guided sightseeing. Accommodations: Royal Livingston Hotel or Zambezi Sun (BD)
Days 18: Victoria Falls / Johannesburg – Tuesday (B)
All transfers are included as usual. Fly back to Johannesburg. Air fare is included Livingston to Johannesburg and your hotel: Sandton Hilton. Air fare is included in economy class. Tax included.
Day 19: Departure – Wednesday (B)
Early morning transfer to JNB Airport. End of our service. Bon Voyage!
Remember, because there is limited space on the safari vehicle, ONE medium sized bag (soft luggage preferred) is allowed on the safari vehicle per person, plus your carry on.
Cost per person from Cairo
Deluxe Hotels and Nile Cruise
Business Class Air Fare within Egypt
|Sharing in double Occupancy:||$ 9250. USD|
|In single Occupancy:||$ 10,870. USD|
|Sorry, no triple occupancy room on Safaris.|
Cost per person from Cairo
First Class – Four Stars Hotels and Nile Cruise
Economy Class Air Fare within Egypt
|Sharing in double Occupancy:||$ 8195.USD|
|In single Occupancy:||$ 9,760.USD|
|Sorry, no triple occupancy room on Safaris.|
- Airfare from CAIRO to Johannesburg, in business class fro Deluxe and economy class for first class with tax included
- Air fare Johannesburg / Livingston / Johannesburg , economy class, tax included.
- All airfares in business class within Egypt for deluxe, and economy class air fare for first class hotel category.
- All transfers within Egypt and South Africa on a private basis.
- Deluxe Hotel accommodation with tax & service charges.
- Nile Cruise with all meals & shore excursions.
- Preset menu meals including B = Breakfast, (or cB, Continental Breakfast) L = Lunch, D = Dinner
- Internal Airfare – Johannesburg – Mashatu – Johannesburg – Cape Town.
- Daily accommodations as shown in the itinerary & all hotel taxes and service charges
- All hotel /airport transfers as indicated
- Transportation in air-conditioned coaches
- Game drives in open 4-wheel drive safari vehicles, conducted by experienced Tswana rangers and trackers Spotlight game drives at night
- Game walks accompanied by experienced Tswana ranger and tracker
- All sightseeing, game viewing, entrance fees and park fees as indicated in the itinerary.
- VIP Meet & Greet At Cairo Airport
- Egyptian Visa (visa may be issued upon arrival at Cairo Airport). Our representative will greet you at the airport and whisk you to your hotel. Visa will be issued upon arrival at Cairo Airport for a limited number of citizens such as American, Australian, NZ, EU, Canadian, EU Singaporean and Japanese citizens. You are responsible for having your passport in order valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of your arrival in Cairo. Our local rep. will meet you with a sign that carries your name, and will be waiting for you with the prepaid visa stamps to proceed to the passports control to stamp your passports, then you claim your luggage. After you clear the passport and customs formalities and exiting the terminal, our local representative will escort you by private vehicle to the hotel. Welcome fruit basket & Egyptian pastry awaits you in your room in Cairo with our compliments.
- Overnight at the elegant Mount Grace Hotel
- 3 nights at luxurious Mashatu Main Camp, Mala Mala’s sister property in Botswana on wildlife-rich Limpopo River
- Mashatu Game Reserve hosts the largest concentration of elephants in the world on private land, with more than 700 elephants.
- Tour Cape Town in relaxed style with 3 nights in a luxury oceanfront hotel.
- Beautiful scenic drive to Cape Point Cape Peninsula, where Indian and Atlantic oceans meet.
- View dramatic Cape of Good Hope, landmark for explorers of all sorts for more than three centuries.
- Visit world-renown Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens with a specialist guide.
- Any international airport departure taxes.
- Passport and visa fees for South Africa (Rate includes the Egyptian Visa).
- Excess baggage charges, shipping charges, and other items of a personal nature such as gratuities to drivers and guides, porters, telephone/telex/fax charges, laundry, and beverages.
- Airport departure taxes: South African Airport tax.
- Personal expenses including but not limited to beverages, laundry, communication costs, excess baggage fees (baggage is restricted to 26 lbs (Modify as required) per person in a soft sided bag where charter flights are included)·
- Traveler’s insurance (the purchase of travel insurance is suggested to protect your investment in case of unanticipated curtailment or cancellation of your tour).
- Medical expenses, medical insurance (passenger must show proof of insurance).
- Gratuities to drivers, guides or tour managers.
- Please note that tipping is discretionary, however, the following guidelines are provided: $5-$10 per day for guides; $3-$5 per day for local camp and/or Nile Cruise staff, e.g. waiters, housekeepers, which is a communal tip that is shared among the staff); porters – $1; driver – $2-$5); restaurant waiters/waitresses – 10% of bill; hotel housekeeping – $2 per day.
- Excess baggage charges, shipping charges, items of a personal
- Private touring on board the cruise: Please add $ 250 per person for the full cruise/shore excursions.
Prices are subject to change due to currency fluctuations, increase in fuel prices, or other fees imposed by the government or tourism industry not within our control.