Between Israel, Palestine and Jordan
Allenby Bridge and Sheikh Hussein Bridge
Border Crossing Details
Subject to change without any further notice
Crossing from the Israel/Palestine side to the Jordanian side:
- Driver will drop you off at the premises of the Allenby Bridge
- Porters will assist you with your luggage and take it from you.
- You will go through the security check before entering the main building.
- Before proceeding to the passport control desk make sure that you pay the departure tax and get the receipt/ticket from the Israeli airport authority. Allenby NIS 167 per person at the border (subject to change).
- proceed to the passport control.
- There is a possibility to ask the passport officer not to stamp your passport, if you wish/prefer so.
- Once done, you will pass the passport control desk and exit the building.
- Once you are outside in the parking lot you will need to identify your luggage. Porters will assist you to put the luggage on the bus.
- Please pay locally on the spot for this public service shuttle bus ticket. 15 – 20 NIS per person (subject to change). The shuttle bus will take you to the Jordanian side of the border.
- Once reached the Jordanian side you will be met by your local guide with a sign carrying your name.
Crossing from Jordanian to Palestine/Israel side:
- Board the shuttle Bus from the Jordanian side to Palestine/Israel side.
- On Palestine/Israel side Porters will pick up your luggage and your passport.
- Porters will place your luggage on the belt to be scanned and give you back your passport.
- Then you will go through the security check.
- Please proceed to the passport control desk.
- Please note that delays are the norm at the Allenby Bridge border crossing.
- At the passport control desk you will your passport stamped and cleared out, or if you prefer ask them not to stamp your passport.
- In some cases you may be asked to keep the passport with you, in which case you’ll wait for further administrative investigation by the Israeli border police.
- Once done you will proceed to the arrival hall where you pick up your luggage and proceed to the exit.
- Near the taxi stand you will find your driver waiting with a sign carrying your name.
Sheikh Hussein Bridge
Crossing from Palestine/Israel side to the Jordanian side:
- Your driver will drop you off at the main gate.
- Walking from main gate to the main building is 2 min walk.
- Please proceed to the Israeli airport authority to pay the departure tax: NIS 96 per person at the border (subject to change).
- Please proceed to the immigration & passport control.
- After this you enter the duty free area “the only way out”!!
- After you exit the building, you will walk about 20 meters to board the shuttle bus. Please pay locally for the ticket: around 5.5 NIS per person (subject to change).
- The shuttle bus will take you to the Jordanian side.
Crossing from Jordan to Palestine/Israel side:
- The Jordanian shuttle bus will drop you off at the arrival hall of Palestine/Israeli side.
- You will get your luggage scanned.
- Please proceed to the passport control and immigration.
- Please pick up your luggage and walk (about 5 minutes) from the main building to the main gate, where you will meet your driver (drivers are not allowed to enter the border area).