Add this four-day (three night) mini adventure trek into the rugged terrain of Biblical Sinai Peninsula to any of our tours to Egypt, Israel or Jordan.
DAY 1 – SHARM EL-SHEIKH & SERABIT EL-KHADEM – Daily from Cairo (BLD)
We escort you from your Cairo hotel to the airport for the short flight to Sharm El-Sheikh ( air fare is included in our rate, in economy class, tax included). Sharm El-Sheikh is at the tip of Sinai on the Red Sea. From Sharm El-Sheikh airport we drive to Abu Zeneima for lunch, then continue to a traditional Bedouin settlement at Serabit El-Khadem where we settle down in tents for a good night’s sleep in the desert air, reliving the life of Biblical adventure.
DAY 2 – SERABIT EL-KHADEM, WADI MOKATAB & WADI FERAN (BLD)
After an early breakfast we visit the Temple of Hathor and the turquoise mines at Serabit El-Khadem, returning to our camp for lunch. In the afternoon we explore Wadi Mokatab and Wadi Feran, two dramatic Sinai valleys, before returning to our tent camp for the night.
DAY 3 – MOUNT SINAI, ST. CATHERINE MONASTERY & DAHAB (BL)
We drive to St. Catherine Monastery* in the shadow of Biblical Mount Sinai, where Greek Orthodox monks have been living and praying since the year 250 AD. After lunch, we continue our explorations of Sinai, visiting Nawamis, Ein Khodra, and the charming seaside village of Dahab, before returning to Sharm El-Sheikh and our hotel.
DAY 4 – CAIRO (B)
After breakfast we drive to the airport for our return flight to Cairo, where you can connect with your onward flight; or we will escort you back to your Cairo hotel.
|Rates per person in USD|
This tour departs daily from Cairo, year-round.
The rates include:
- All transfers.
- Domestic flights in economy class, tax included.
- Meals (pre-set menu) as per itinerary.
- Guided sightseeing as described in the itinerary.
- Accommodations are in a first-class (four-star) hotel in Sharm El-Sheikh, and in tents while on desert safari (tents are not air conditioned and do not have private facilities; hot showers are not available). Meals while on safari in Sinai are modest and simple.
- Please keep in mind when planning your itinerary that St. Catherine Monastery is not open to visitors on Friday, Sunday, or on Coptic Christian holidays. If you arrive on one of these days, you can explore the monastery and its surroundings from the outside, but we will be unable to enter. There is no entrance fee for the monastery; you may want to give a donation as thanks for the monks’ hospitality. As there is no entrance fee, there can be no partial refund of the tour rate on days when we are unable to enter the monastery.
- Trip interruption and cancellation insurance (please see our insurance brochure).
- Personal expenses such as laundry and phone calls
- Gratuities to guide and driver. Suggested: $ 10 USD per person per day for the driver. $5-$10 Per person per full day for the guide
- Visa for Israel (if /when needed)